14/03/2016

5 things to be grateful for...


Photo taken and edited by: Sabrina Molinaro


Hey there, it's Sabrina here! I I thought I'd write a lil' something for all of you to show you why you should be grateful for the precious, beautiful and simple things in life. In hope that this post will make you smile if you are in a bit of a rut or just a bit stressed out with school, work or just life in general, I've written five things that I love to do or see, that remind me that everything will be okay and that I should be grateful for all that I have here on this gorgeous planet.


Making yourself a warm delicious beverage /
I love the sound of making coffee, sounds weird I know but let me explain. It’s something about the coffee and sugar hitting the bottom of the mug and the hot water trickling down allowing everything to come together in one sweet smelling aura. And then the sound of mixing it all together with a spoon while the spoon hits the edges of the mug. After making your coffee or tea, or whatever drink you're craving, you get you have the first sip and taste the deliciousness that makes you warm on cold winter’s morning, just before you get ready for your day. And that's simply all I love about it. And moments like these make me happy, and that's why I'm super grateful for the little things.


Going outside /
Yes, going outside in this day and age may be a rare occasion for us teens hahah. We are so consumed by technology and what it gives us that sometimes we forget what the outside world is like. Just go outside and see that it’s a wonderful feeling when you breathe in the fresh air, when you hear the trees swaying in the wind and when the cool breeze slightly hits your skin. It’s therapeutic and it’s just marvellous, and it just makes you get why you should be grateful for what mother nature has given us.


Family and friends /
Family and friends are a blessing and THAT is something that you should be grateful for. Whoever it is that is close to you, or means something to you, they are always there, by your side through thick and thin, not there to judge if you make a mistake, they're there to help you to get back on your feet when you may have taken a wrong path during the course of your blessed life. When growing up you really start to realise that your family and friends are a huge part of you're life, and hey! it might be hard sometimes to deal with them, with the craziness and with the natural buzz of the family environment, and they may get on your nerves, but that doesn't change the fact that they are always there for you. So remember that and don't take anyone that you love for granted


Cleaning or redecorating your room /
Yes this may be considered a chore for some people, but I find that it can be beneficial and fun, as once is done, the atmosphere in my room, my space, has a fresh feeling to it. Especially redecorating your room, you can decorate it to suite your taste and best of all, you can make it your own. It’s refreshing when your room is clean, it feels brand new because I believe sometimes having a messy room can make one paranoid and stressed out a bit because so much stuff is going on and I can’t function haha!!! But when your room is clean it just looks good and YOU then feel good! Then again, everyone is different. If you're like me you like the organised, clean cut room. If you like the mess, if it makes you feel good and creative, then thats you doing you, and thats perfectly fine as long as you're satisfied and as long as you remain grateful.


Nature /
Nature is a beautiful creation, it has been on Earth for so long before us humans and no words can really describe its utter beauty. Its a big part of me, I love it, just like I wrote about it when  I wrote about going outside!! As much as the world is advancing with all the new technology, the buildings and man made changes (which I'm not against), I feel that humans are not grateful anymore for what mother nature has done and all her beauty, or if you believe in God, what he has blessed upon us on this ground. Which saddens me a lot. Nature gives us the opportunity to see the spectacular views, gives us the plants, the animals, treasures as big the ocean, and the most important thing that keeps us alive, oxygen. It's important to be grateful for nature as it is a way of life and it is part of who we are. So love it.


So yea, these are the little things that I love, and whatever you have in your life that you find you enjoy, even the slightest and simplest moments, like for me and making coffee, don't take any of these moments for granted, see the beauty in everything and be grateful for everything, and your life will be filled with endless moments of happiness and you're knowledge will continue to expand, and you will be a better person.


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment