13/02/2016

beauty favourites | mayy




When it comes to makeup, I’m not a heavy user. Personally, at my age I don’t feel the need to constantly wear heavy makeup, although I do love the idea and I totally get the hype when it comes to conturing, shaped eyebrows, and the whole lot really. So I just try to keep things mainly fun, sparkly, simple and light. Lets get into it! (Be prepared for a lot of detail!)
EYESHADOW
Ahh eyeshadow… what a beautiful creation I must admit. With palettes upon palettes of eyeshadows across the world and many beauty stores it can be daunting picking my favourite. But I have to admit, in saying that I like to keep things simple with my makeup, I found that the “TOO FACED Natural Eyes Shadow Palette” was my first choice. This particular eyeshadow palette is affordable, has the cutest packaging ever and is just totally worth every cent. I love glitter, pinks and golds, so I found that this was the perfect choice for my go to look. As I usually apply whatever colour/colours I choose lightly, my eyes remain looking natural but sparkly, elegant and fabulous all at once. And let me tell you, it does not disappoint!

CREAMS

When it comes to creams, there are two things that I look for. Does it moisturise and does it smell gooooood?! And these three choices, tick both boxes.
  • AESOP Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm: “This luxurious formulation will transform even the most abused and life-weary hands” That’s exactly what’s written on the front of the packaging, and its suprisingly true. It has a stronger, more unique smell (because of the rosemary leaf in the mixture) than most creams, but if you’re looking for something that works this is the one.
  • BODY SHOP Body Butter (MORINGA & STRAWBERRY): If you’re looking for silky smooth, luscious, sweet smelling, supple skin, then this is what you need. I fell in love with these the moment I walked into the Body Shop. Their creams are absolutely amazing in every possible way and I find that they work on my skin effortlessly. 
PERFUMES 

I fall head over heels for anything that smells good. Candles, perfumes, creams, ANYTHING! I actually have no particular ‘smell’ that I go for. From Si by Giorgio Armani, to Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb, throw in a little bit of Victoria’s Secret Noir Tease, I like a whole range of scents. But my number one, absolute, favourite, must have, is "Incredible Things"  by the one and only, Taylor Swift. Coming from a true, diehard “swiftie”, you gotta trust me on this one, this baby smells fabulous. 

LIP PRODUCTS

Lipsticks, lip butters, lip glosses, whatever you wanna call them, they’re my obsession. I go for lots of pinks and reds and you’ll even find some crazy colours in my collection when it comes to lip products, but my go to choices would have to be:
  • DIOR Addict Gloss #662 (ROSE EN DIABLE): This is  probably my favourite lip product ever, honestly. With a quick swatch, the gloss comes out vibrant, sparkly and glossy as ever, still giving my lips a simple but succulent look, and I just love love love it! I wear it when I’m out in the mall or if I’m off to a formal evening event (in that case I’d wear a little lipstick underneath it to give it a bit more POW!) 
  • REVLON Ultra HD Lip Lacquer #545 (CARNELIAN): Glossy, bold and creamy, this collection is worth it! Normally, for an every day look, I’ll just apply dab a little on my lip, get some lip balm and just mix it together, and I’ll have the rosiest lips you’ve ever seen!
  • REVLON Colorburst Lip Butter #025 (PEACH PARFAIT): This lip butter is an absolute must if you’re like me and you love all things glittery! This particular colour is a very faint pink that has just the right amount of sparkle to keep your lips looking extra sweet and perfect as ever.
  • TOPSHOP Sheer Lip (CHUCK): This lipstick is probably the best thing that's ever happened to topshop. It applies so easily, you can wear it on a daily basis AND theres no hassle, it like stays on, like... wow. It’s a true beauty. I have it with me almost all the time as its moisturising and just gorgeous.
  • LUSH ULTRABALM All purpose balm: This is just the product that I tend to use under lipsticks, I’ll smudge some over dark lip products to make the colour lighter, or simply to restore and moisturise my lips! And girl, you can never go wrong with Lush, lets be real here.
MASCARA + EYELINER

And last but not least… My favourite eye products! I never leave the house without having at least mascara on, because I absolutely adore it. I also treasure a good eyeliner, and not just any eyeliner, BLUE eyeliner. These two together are essentials of mine, and heres why:
  • LANCOME PARIS (GRANDIOSE MASCARA): This is a product sent from the heavens above. That's all I can say. With every stroke its glossy, ultra black formula, hugs my eyelashes leaving them soft and gives off graceful look. 
  • URBAN DECAY 24/7 GLIDE ON EYE PENCIL + HEAVY METAL GLITTER LINER: The two of these together are the perfect pair. If you wanna give yourself a glam-rock look or you wanna show off your feminine, dangerous and fun side, then these products are what you wanna get your hands on. I love hearing, “Hey that look is so 80’s” because if you know me, you know I love everything 80’s hehe. 

And that’s all! I hope you didn’t pass out if you attempted to read all of this! I just thought I’d go through everything in some detail to give you an idea on what kind of beauty products I treasure and why I love them.


Love,



2 comments: